How do I setup my email in Windows Live?
Learn how-to setup Microsoft Windows Live Mail to send & receive email using Post office Protocol (POP3) and your Tommy House Studios Hosting email account.
Windows Live Mail Login screen shown in Microsoft Windows 7
Before you start checklist
Have the following ready before you start:
- Your domain name.
- Your email address.
- Your email password.
- Tommy House Studios Outgoing Mailserver Information (Most of the time it is issued as mail.yourdomain.com)
- Windows Live Mail installed on your computer.
Configuring Windows Live Mail
- Open Windows Live Mail. If you’ve just installed Windows Live Mail it will show in your Start Menu. Alternatively, click Start Menu > All Programs > Windows Live > Windows Live Mail.
Windows 7 Start Menu
- If this is the first time you have run Windows Mail, it will ask you to add a new account.
- If no window appears, click Add e-mail account from the menu on the left.
Add e-mail account link in Windows Live Mail
- Enter your E-mail Address, Password and Name.
- Tick Manually configure server settings for e-mail account.
- Click the Next button.
Add Email Account – Window Live Mail
- You’re now prompted to enter information about your incoming and outgoing mail servers.
- For My Incoming Mail Server is a select POP3.
- Enter mail.example.com as your Incoming Mail Server – replacing example.com with your own domain name.
- For Login ID, enter your email address. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tick My outgoing server requires authentication.
Add Server Settings – POP3 – Window Live Mail
- If you don’t have a subscription that includes SMTP, enter your ISP’s SMTP server. If you do know your ISP’s SMTP settings, please contact your ISP for help.
- When you’ve completed all the fields, click the Next button.
- Click Finish.
Account added successfully – Window Live MailSuccess screen – Window Live Mail
- Your Tommy House Studios Hosting email account now appears on the left-side of Windows Live Mail.
New account displayed in Windows Live Mail main screen
- From Windows Live Mail’s top menu, click Sync (Or press F5) to send & receive email.
Sync Email Accounts – Windows Live Mail
- Windows Live Mail will now download any email saved in your Tommy House Studios Hosting email account.
Congratulations. You’ve configured Windows Live Mail to send and receive email.
Note: PC/Mac based Email clients such as Mac Mail, Windows Live or Outlook download the email off of the server onto your computer. You may always check your email that resides on the server using yourdomain.com/webmail. Webmail is good for long stretches when you are not in the office or need to check your email remotely from a web browser. Keep in mind that if you download email off of the server using Mac Mail, Windows Live, Outlook or any other mail client it is no longer accessible via webmail.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution